In order to avoid corrosion of the system components we are using PEX piping with oxygen barrier (EVOH)
- We use our own line of PEX piping, which makes our prices very competitive
- Reduces corrosion that can occur in the system and increases component life
How to calculate the amount of piping required ?
- If the pipes are installed at a distance of 12 inches we calculate the total area multiplied by 1.2 (example: 500 ft2 x 1.2 = 600 feet of pipes)
- If the pipes are installed at a distance of 9 inches, we calculate the total area multiplied by 1.5
- If the pipes are installed between the joists we calculate the total area multiplied by 2
We often hear about loops and zones, what is the difference between the two ?
A loop is a length of pipe that goes back and forth through the floor
An area is a section of the floor (usually a room) consisting of one or more loops controlled by a thermostat.
What is the maximum length for a loop ?
The maximum length of a loop is 300 feet. Exceeding this length, the temperature difference between the out and the return may be too great, which will make some parts of the floor cooler and therefore less comfortable.