Bradford-White direct vent propane water heater – no electricity required – 48 000 BTU – 48 gallons
Please note that shipping is not included. Contact us to get a shipping quotation.
The perfect propane water heater for off-grid homes and cottages (electricity coming from a solar system).
Consumes no electricity because it is devoid of a fan and it’s controller is powered by a thermogenerator that creates it’s own electricity with the heat generated by the flame of the pilot light.
The Direct Vent FVIR Defender Safety System® Models Feature:
- Bradford White ICON System™—Intelligent gas control with proven millivolt powered technology and built-in piezo igniter. A standard, off the shelf thermopile converts heat energy from the pilot flame into electrical energy to operate the gas valve and microprocessor. No need for external electricity.
- Enhanced Performance—Proprietary algorithms provide enhanced First Hour Delivery ratings and tighter temperature differentials.
- Advanced Temperature Control System—Microprocessor constantly monitors and controls burner operation to maintain consistent and accurate water temperature levels.
- Intelligent Diagnostics—An exclusive green LED light prompts the installer during start-up and provides ten different diagnostic codes to assist in troubleshooting.
- Pilot On Indication—Flashing green LED provides positive indication that pilot is on.
- Separate Immersed Thermowell—High-strength advanced polymer composite thermowell provides isolation between electric temperature sensor and surrounding water. No need to drain the tank when removing gas valve.
- Closed Combustion—All air for combustion is taken directly from the outside. The co-axial vent pipe (pipe inside a pipe) draws combustion air in through the outer pipe, and exhausts the products of combustion through the inner pipe. The co-axial vent pipe at the top of the unit can be rotated for venting flexibility.
- Reinforced Seals—Seals surround the closed combustion chamber and the FVIR inner door, preventing the ignition of flammable vapors outside of the water heater.
- Maintenance-Free—The vent piping and the closed combustion chamber with reinforced seals does not require regular cleaning under normal operating conditions.
- Sight Window—Offers a view into the combustion chamber to observe the operation of the pilot and burner.
- Factory-Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System—Factory-Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System—Sediment reducing device that also increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build-up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining—An exclusively engineered enamel formula that provides superior tank protection from the highly corrosive effects of hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel surface by firing at a temperature of over 1600°F (871°C).
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot—A cast molded air intake boot provides exceptional installation durability.
- Telescoping Solid Vent Kits—Multiple kits (see reverse side) allow up to 8ft. vertical and 8ft. horizontal vent lengths (horizontal termination only).
- Flexible Vent Kit—The maximum vent length (horizontal and vertical) can be flexed to 100” (horizontal termination only).
- Side Connections—3/4″ NPT tappings allow easy connections for space heating applications (Potable water only) (RG2DV50H6N only).
- Insulation System—2″ (51mm) Non-CFC foam insulation covers surrounds the tank surface, saving energy by reducing the amount of heat loss.
- Pedestal Base.
- Water Connections—3/4″ NPT factory-installed true dielectric fittings.
- Factory-Installed Heat Traps.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod.
- T&P Relief Valve—Installed.
- Low Restrictive Brass Drain Valve—Durable tamper proof design.
- NOx Emissions – Less than 40 ng/J.