RADIANT HEATING FLOOR – THE ÉCOSOLARIS ADVANTAGES
We have a long and extensive experience in the field of radiant floor heating with water / glycol. You can confidently entrust us with the design of your system, the assembly in the workshop of your panel and the installation and start-up of your radiant floor.
We have a general contractor’s license and are members of the CMTQ (Corporation of Master Pipe Mechanics of Quebec)
Here are the services we offer:
- Sale of equipment online and in store
- Plan reading and recommendations (detailed quote)
- Piping installation
- Pre-assembled panel
- Filling and commissioning
- When purchasing equipment or a complete system we give you a guide explaining how to install the pipes
- Telephone assistance provided by a technical specialist with extensive experience in the field
- Our pre-mounted Radiant Floor System panels are very popular with auto-builders and even plumbers. We can ship them anywhere in Quebec.
WHAT SETS US APART
The choice and assembly of components have a very important influence on the efficiency and durability of a water / glycol radiant floor system
Here is what sets us apart as well as the pitfalls to avoid:
The components of a pre-assembled panel for radiant floor with water / glycol
To heat the water / glycol of our radiant floor systems, we only use CSA certified boilers from Thermo 2000 company designed specifically for this purpose,
The boiler modulates the heating power of the water / glycol according to demand
Possibility of using a probe to adapt to variations in the temperature of Canadian winters (the temperature of the water / glycol varies with the outside temperature)
Pitfalls to avoid:
Some might be tempted to use a standard hot water tank or a domestic water instant water heater to reduce the cost of purchase but avoid making this mistake. Here’s why:
These appliances do not have CSA approval for heating
Heating with a hot water tank means heating 40 to 60 gallons continuously, which increases heating costs
Instant water heaters are designed to heat domestic water. The diameter of the inlet and outlet pipes are therefore generally 3/4 inch, which does not allow sufficient flow for floors with an area greater than 1500 ft2.
Here is the required diameter of the boiler inlet / outlet piping depending on the area to be heated:
1500 ft2 and -: 3/4 in. Diameter
1500 ft2 to 3000 ft2: 1 “diameter
3000 ft2 to 5000 ft2: 1 1/4 in diameter
In order to ensure optimum heat distribution in the circuits of our radiant floors, we only use manifolds with all the required components.
- We use our own line of manifolds, which makes our prices competitive
- Our manifolds are equipped with all necessary valves to isolate each zone (facilitates the maintenance and filling of the system)
- Our manifolds include flow meters to ensure that water / glycol flows in each circuit (possibility to adjust the flow of different zones for greater comfort)
- Two air traps are installed inside the manifold to evacuate the air present in the system
- Two gauges allow to visualize the difference of temperature after the water / glycol has circulated in the floor
Avoid using hand-made manifolds, each component is important!
- When filling it will be difficult to know if the water / glycol circulates in each of the circuits
- In case of problems you will not be able to quickly diagnose the cause, or even a professional
- You may not be able to control the heat distribution properly, which could cause discomfort (too cold or too hot)
In order to ensure maximum air evacuation and thus to reduce the amount of oxygen present in the water / glycol, we use an air separator.
- Reduces corrosion that can occur in the system and increases component life
- Allows the radiant floor system to operate silently
Do not use only small air traps as these are less efficient and tend to need replacing after a few years
In order to fix our circulating pumps to the system, we use flange assemblies with brass valve
- After several years, the circulating pump must be replaced. Flanges with valve allow quick replacement without having to empty the water / glycol from the system
- It is therefore easy to replace the pump yourself without calling on a professional
- Avoid cast iron flanges without a valve! This will make replacing the pump more difficult.
And if a copper adapter is screwed directly into the cast iron, the contact of these two metals will greatly promote corrosion.
In order to maintain the pressure in the system at all times we use an automatic water and glycol make up system.
- This unit is equipped with a pump that can be used for filling water and glycol in the system
- Ensures you have the necessary pressure when starting the system
- When air is removed from the radiant floor system by the air separator, the make up system injects water / glycol to restore the pressure.
Pitfalls to avoid
- Do not connect directly to the domestic water system, the plumbing code prohibits it (domestic water could be contaminated in case of malfunction of the check valve)
- Do not use a pressure maintenance system. May damage boiler electrical components if system pressure drops to zero psi.
To allow you to control your heating at all times, wherever you are, we use electronic thermostats from the Quebec company Sinopé.
- Elegant product of high quality
- Possibility of controlling the temperature of the ambient air or the floor with a probe
- Possibility of very intuitive control of the temperature of each of your rooms remotely from the WEB
- Thermostats manufactured in Quebec for easy after-sales service
In order to manage the electrical power supplying the various components, we use control boxes from the company Taco
- Facilitates electrical connections of components (thermostats, circulating pumps and actuators)
- Facilitates diagnosis in the event of a component failure
Pitfalls to avoid
- Want to save on control components, the cost of connection may be higher later
- Without a control box, you will end up with a complex set of components (electric wires pell-mell filled marettes, relays, transformers)
When a component fails, it will be extremely difficult to identify it